This document prepared and submitted by Arshi hayat Gangohi. She is final year law student at Department of Laws, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
The Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1986 enacted to consolidate and amend the law relating to domestic arbitration, international commercial arbitration and enforcement of foreign arbitral awards as also to define the law relating to conciliation and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto
The present act has been tried to simplify in following ways,
- Highlighted the important words
- Breaking of sections in bullets points
- Instant reference and meaning provided next to provisions
- Removed outdated material
- A table of the Act’s composition of the act is given at the starting of the document.